Those who opt for cremation should be aware that:
1. Cremation of bodies is provided exclusively via funeral homes in Greece and abroad. Therefore, the relatives and friends of the deceased should contact the funeral office of their choice, which then undertakes the cremation process in cooperation with the Cremation Center.
2. Social Security in Greece covers cremation costs as for burial.
3. Pre-purchase services: The Cremation Center provides individuals the opportunity to pre-purchase cremation and ash burial and / or scattering services in order to avoid the financial and emotional burden for their loved ones after passing.
4. Cremation of skeletal remains after the exhumation instead of storing the remains in an ossuary.
5. The cremation process of a human body takes up to 2-3 hours.
6. The Cremation Center issues certificates of body and skeletal remains cremations.
Before cremation, funeral homes should fill out the following documents:
1. Cremation form.
2. The issuance of a death certificate for cremation requires:
3. Ceremony form.